Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Face painting, a lioness

I haven't really been too interested in face painting up until now. I got this idea for a photo shoot (we'll see if it turns out the way I want it to) of a lioness. I kind of new what colors I would most likely need so I went to the craft store and I bought red, yellow, white and brown. And for the black parts I thought I'd use my Spot creme eyeliner. 

I started off with looking at some real life pictures of lionesses on the internet so I'd have an idea of how I was going to paint a lioness face. So with my computer on the toilet seat and me in front of the bathroom mirror I started to paint my face. And here is the result of my first time painting a lioness/lion.

Here is one of my main pictures that was the source to my inspiration
       

It was hard to get the right lighting and the right mode on the camera since I'm still learning. 

       

I took allot of pictures and here is some of them. The ones that are a little darker portrays more of what the colors really looked like on my face.

       

I also sew ears to the costume but they came out too big and too pointy. I'm going to save them though because they look really good and can be used, if dressed up as a regular cat. I'm still working on my new lioness/lion ears.

I used Classical colors Snazaroo face paint and Stila smudge spots. The face paint was really nice to use. Dried quick and never cracked. Felt smooth while wearing it. I uses the smudge spot for the black parts and it looked really dark and nice. It worked fine except on the lips because it crack if I opened my mouth wide. To apply I used a round fluffy sponge and fine brushes. 


3 comments:

Carina said...

Så häftigt. Så duktig du är!

Leni said...

Hej Chri, vad duktig du är! Hoppas att allt är bra med dig och att du har det bra däröver:) Jag har en fråga till dig, hur får man fram informationen om antalet som varit inne och kollat bloggen?? Jag hittar det ingenstans.....
Kramar

Anonymous said...

Woow it is very nice!:)